Download Dev C++ for Free 
Download Dev C++ for Free 
Dev C++ is a great integrated development environment for creating and debugging software solutions in C/C++ languages. Even though there is an abundance of code editors and IDEs nowadays, developers and programmers still prefer Embarcadero dev C++.
This IDE is touted as a user-friendly and intuitive application that equips developers with all the necessary developing and code debugging tools to streamline the software development processes regardless of their sizes and complexity. For instance, leveraging the features of this exceptional platform, developers can develop programs for automating small school tasks as well as bookkeeping solutions.
Since dev C++ is an open-source IDE, its code is widely available and accessible, so seasoned developers and coders can contribute to the platform.
Despite all the fascinating aspects of dev C++, it is worth mentioning here that the open-source community of this platform hasn’t yet done any noticeable updates to the platform to address the industry’s burgeoning demand.
That being said, the latest edition of dev C++ addresses all the requirements of professional developers. Therefore, it will be relevant for a while.
If you are a university student who wants to write code for a semester project using the user-friendly code editors and development environment or to work in an industry and are tasked to write a program for an embedded application, dev C++ is equally effective.
It can compile, debug and run simple to complex code without consuming too many system resources.
As a developer, you can download it on your Windows Operating system without paying any charges.
Although dev C++ was meant to be used on Windows, today, it is also available for download on Android and Mac OS. Its simple and intuitive design might be a bit difficult to grasp for novice programmers, but it doesn’t unnecessarily burden PC resources.
For this reason, dev C++ is equally popular amongst university students and industry professionals.
Additionally, dev C++ was primarily developed by Bloodshed for beginner to experience programmers so they could take their coding skills to the next level and lay down the foundation of technological marvels. Since its inception, developers have made strides in the upgradation of the platform to provide a feature-rich environment to their users.
All the Essential Tools under One Umbrella
Bloodshed Software is a consortium of developers who have dedicated their lives to creating development environments for a host of high-level programming languages, notably C, C++, Pascal, Java, COBOL, and many more. Their goal is to equip developers with free and open-source IDEs.
As the name C++ suggests, this tool is meant to be used by C++ developers, but that’s not the case here. Dev C++ features all the tools required for creating, debugging and running code written in C programming language.
Although C++ is an object-oriented programming language, it inherits all the features of its predecessor, C; therefore, developers using dev C++ for writing C language code can easily switch to the C++ programming language.
What makes dev C++ more appealing for beginner developers is it lacks the code completion feature in stark contrast to other IDEs like Visual Studio Code. Eventually, newbies can get their hands dirty with the syntax.
Furthermore, you can create desktop applications and DOS-based applications using this IDE. On top of that, dev C++ is popular amongst developers because of its support for the GNU Compiler Collection, an extensive collection of compilers and development tools for Linux, Windows, and a host of other operating systems.
Aside from that, dev C++ is packed with all the standard features that you’ll find in any other IDE, like code indentation, style formatting, syntax highlighting, and the creation of editable shortcuts. On top of that, external tools are an excellent way to improve the aesthetics and responsiveness of the program and customize it for the programmers’ needs.
Salient Features of Dev C++
As we have discussed in an earlier section of this article, bloodshed software developed this platform, but later on, Embarcadero has the highest contribution to its development. Some of the prominent features they’ve included in this IDE so far are as follows:
- Assists in code indentation and management.
- Supports all GCC-based compilers. You can either install IDE alongside an integrated compiler or IDE separately if the compiler is already installed in your system.
- Leveraging the built-in packet manager of IDE, you can install as many add-ons as you want.
- It offers you an integrated debugging environment as well. With this tool, you can identify which part of the code is creating syntax errors.
- Its project management features allow users to manage different projects at the same time.
- Supports different languages.
- It offers an enabling environment for creating console applications and static libraries.
- The find and replace feature allows developers to identify and correct specific lines of code without reading an entire 5000 or 10000 lines of code.
- Syntax highlighting features enables someone else to read and debug your code easily.
- Equipped with tool manager, which can be harnessed across different projects.
How to Download Dev C++ For Free
For novice programmers, configuring and installing IDE can take time and effort. We’ve nailed down the step-by-step process of downloading and configuring dev C++ to resolve this issue.
- Download the dev C++ by clicking on the button provided on this website.
- Once the utility is downloaded into your PC, open and run the .exe file.
- When the installation begins, you’ll be prompted to choose the language.
- Upon selecting the preferred language, you’ll be asked whether you agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once you agree to the terms and conditions, you’ll be asked to select components.
- After that, you have to define the destination folder for the dev C++. If you don’t specify a location, the file will be downloaded into the C driver by default.
- When the installation process is completed, a finish dialogue box will appear indicating the installation’s completion. When you hit the ‘finish’ button, dev C++ will launch automatically.