Enhance Your Computer Security With VeraCrypt Download For Free
Encryption is the best way to secure the files, volume, and memory of a computer. But most users need PC security but stay away from encryption software because they think, it’s a complicated tool and accessing the same is difficult. But free VeraCrypt download is a simple yet powerful encryption software that secures the computer.
A Short Introduction To VeraCrypt
VeraCrypt is an advanced encryption software that uses multiple ciphers, including Serpent, Twofish, and Camelia. The cipher is an algorithm that collects the information in the form of code, which can be accessed by a key. Furthermore, VeraCrypt is the descendant of TrueCrypt which is not in operation at the current time.
VeraCrypt uses ample iterations of ciphers, and the quantity varies as per the used algorithm. For instance, if RIPED 160 algorithm is in operation, then the used iterations are 6,55,331, and for Whirlpool, the iterations value is 16,000, but you can change the same. Moreover, this utility comes with PIM (Personal Iterations Multiplier) that fetches the value to control the iterations to prevent the Brute-force attack.
What Are The Features Of VeraCrypt?
VeraCrypt is a unique encryption software that creates an encrypted volume and can be accessed via a password. This platform enables you to create a specific volume where you can store your credentials and is accessible through the mounting process. Now, let’s see its salient features, and knowing them will help you to use this tool effectively.
Multilayer Security via Encryption
In most security tools, you will find the encryption of a specific folder or volume. But VeraCrypt offers multilayer security which means you can add the encrypted volume inside the existing VeraCrypt encrypted volume. This feature gives you a two-layer of security, and bypassing the same is impossible for any unauthorized user.
System Boot Encryption
Whenever you turn ON your computer, the booting process takes place, and if BIOS is secured with VeraCrypt, then unauthorized access will be prevented. Thus, your credentials inside your computer are completely safe.
VeraCrypt Rescue Disk
VeraCrypt Rescue Disk is a smart option to decrypt your drive and is used when Windows fails to boot or gets damaged. The rescue disk contains the original information from the drive and enables you to restore it at any moment in time. Furthermore, it also supports you in restoring the data of the encrypted folder in case you forgot your VeraCrypt encrypted folder password.
Hidden Operating System
Hidden Operating System is the unique feature of VeraCrypt as it secures your important files in a computer. For instance, if somebody forces you to decrypt the Operating System, then using the hidden operating system feature, you can easily fool that person. In this manner, you can save your credentials from criminals by using VeraCrypt.
The hidden operating system won’t be visible to anyone, and nobody can prove that there is such an OS on your computer. But, to load hidden OS, you will need VeraCrypt Bootloader.
How To Free VeraCrypt Download And Install?
The VeraCrypt download and installation process is pretty simple and for your convenience, the detailed steps are provided below.
- The VeraCrypt download button is provided on this page, and you need to click on the same to initiate the process.
- Next, move to the download folder, and there, you will find the VeraCrypt setup file, double-click on it to start the installation process.
- An installation wizard will appear, select the language, and then read the license agreement and click on the Next button.
- Next, you will get the installation modes, i.e., Install and Extract, select the Install one and click on the Next button.
- Now, choose the desired path where you want to install VeraCrypt and if you wish to go with the default one, then click on the Install button.
- Once the installation is done, open VeraCrypt to start encrypting the drive.
How To Use VeraCrypt Encryption Software?
The usage of this utility is very simple, but if you are a mere novice, then don’t worry, as the detailed steps for the same are provided below.
- In the last step, you have already opened VeraCrypt, and in the dashboard, you will find several options, click on the ‘Create Volume’ button to begin the volume creation task.
- Thereafter, the VeraCrypt volume creation window will open, go with the default one, i.e., ‘Create an encrypted file container’ and click on the Next button.
- Select the Volume Type, i.e., Standard and Hidden; as a beginner; it is recommended to go with the Standard one and then click on the Next button.
- Next, select the location where you want to create the volume by clicking on the Select file button.
- Now, give the desired location to the VeraCrypt Volume and also the file name.
- Thereafter, you will be directed to the Volume Location window and click on the Next button.
- Next, Encryption options will appear on your desktop screen; select the encryption algorithm and hash algorithm. If you are not familiar with these terms, then go with the default options, and click on the Next button.
- It’s time to give the volume space, provide as per your desire and click on the Next button.
- Now provide the strong password, confirm the same in the text box, and then click on the Next button.
- Soon, you will be directed to the Volume Format window; here, you need to speedily move your mouse over the VeraCrypt in a random manner, and once the bar located below turns green, click on the Format button.
- Successfully, you have created the volume and now, click on the Exit button.
- Now, launch VeraCrypt again on your computer, select the drive letter as per your convenience and click on the Select File button.
- Next, locate the path where you have created the VeraCrypt Volume, select it, and click on the Open button.
- After selecting the file, click on the Mount button.
- Next, enter the password to open the created volume.
- Now you have successfully mounted the volume, to check the same, click on the ‘This PC’ button, which is located on the Desktop, and there you will get the newly created drive.
VeraCrypt download is an outstanding encryption software that offers great security features to your computer. Moreover, it supports multiple Operating Systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux. So, if you are accessing any such OS, then you can effectively use VeraCrypt.